Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Eve with Rihanna in Abu Dhabi

Husband and I decided to ring in the new year at (what I'm guess was) the biggest New Years party in the UAE - Rihanna's concert.

I was quite reluctant to go as I am no fan of going out to crowded places where lots of people are drinking and then worrying about driving home with all those drinking people driving home at the same time.... But husband persisted and I'm glad he did because we had a blast!!

We arrived about 15 minutes before the concert started and met up with some friend. We then proceeded to the concert area where we stood around for about 5 minutes before Rihanna came on stage.


I must say that she was great! I was pleasantly surprised at how well she sang live and she seemed to really be enjoying her self on stage.... rather than just going through the motions cough*beyonce*cough

She sang a great set that included all of her hits (wow there are a lot of them) and then ended the show with Umbrella...


Then the fireworks started...

they were amazing!!! I love fireworks!

After that we walked over to the after party and needless to say it was a bit crowded


Basically we had a fantastic night and got home insanely late (for us at least) and had a nice sleep in for new years day..

Hope everyone had a fantastic new years and wishing you and your families all the best for 20-10

No comments: