Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

that's right

we're blowing this hot dog stand and heading home!!!

it's almost too good to put into words... fear that if i verbalize it than perhaps i'll realize it was all just a dream and I'll be planning for another year here in Dubai but seeing as how I have officially bought our tickets home I consider it as good as done or at least as close to certain and I can get.

I think this is the main reason I have been so quiet on the blog lately. This development has been at the forefront since... well... for months! We have been planning, talking, organizing and planning some more. It's taken over. And it's so hard to think of other things or be excited about telling you that I went to Rihana when really I just want to scream I'M GOING HOME! HOME! DID YOU HEAR ME??? HOME! but I didn't want to announce it to the world prematurely so I waited until I was sure. Or at least until I was as sure as I could get. After all I do believe in a "Plan" and sometimes it's not what you planned at all.... i.e. moving here in the first place!

I'll tell you now that we are not planning on going back to my hometown for the long term but as for where we ARE going well you just have to stay tuned and find out.

I'm thinking that the next few weeks I'll be exploring old events that I experienced here, my fears of returning home (I know! Who knew? But I have them) and the things I'll miss about the UAE.... In all seriousness it's a pretty awesome place and I will miss it... kinda.

So now the cat's outta the bag and you know the big developing news that i have been eluding to for a while now. big. sigh. of. relief. and i'm so excited!

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I can't wait to see what is in store for you all back here. I just know you will love being "home", even if that definition is much more broad than you ever expected it could be. :)